Big Five Porini
Staying in the exclusive Porini Camps, Ol Pejeta & Maasai Mara
This 4 night, 5 day Safari combines two of Kenya’s finest wildlife areas:
· Ol Pejeta Conservancy, the largest rhino conservancy in East Africa in a vast tract of wilderness within the Laikipia area, overlooking snow-capped Mount Kenya. Elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard all present.
· The Mara, famous for the spectacular wildebeest migration between June and October every year and excellent for lion and cheetah.
Accommodation is in two camps that complement each other perfectly – staying first at Porini Rhino Camp in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, followed by Porini Lion Camp in the Olare Orok Conservancy adjacent to the Mara Reserve. The Safari Camps are small and exclusive and run on the same environmentally sound principles - working closely with the local communities. All camps are specially designed to have minimum impact with no permanent structures.
· Transfers between each camp are on our scheduled air service with a flight to get you straight to the wildlife without spending hours traveling between the parks over rough roads.
· Game drives from the camps in 4x4 safari vehicles (not vans) with excellent guides.
· Walks with Maasai warriors, opportunity for night game drives, exclusive wilderness areas with no tourist minibuses.
· An authentic safari experience staying in small exclusive camps with spacious guest tents, comfortably furnished with private bathrooms, solar lights and located in attractive unspoilt natural settings.
· At the camps all meals, drinks (wine, gin & tonic, beer, sodas, mineral water), game drives, walks, night drives and sundowners are included in the price.
2 Nights Porini Rhino Camp - 2 Nights Porini Lion Camp
Day 1 Depart Wilson airport on 10.20 flight to Nanyuki, arriving at approximately 12.40. You will be met at the airstrip and transferred to Porini Rhino Camp, located in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, in the foothills of Mount Kenya.Lunch and afternoon tea in camp and then head off to look for rhino with your driver-guide in the camp’s 4x4 safari vehicle. Return to Porini Rhino Camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 2 Full day in Ol Pejeta with game drives and walking activities from camp. Sundowner from scenic viewpoint and return to Camp for dinner.Overnight Porini Rhino Camp.
Day 3 Depart Porini Rhino Camp and fly from Nanyuki on the 09.45 Safarilink flight to Mara arriving at 11.00. You will be met and transferred to Porini Lion Camp. Lunch and afternoon tea in camp and then go on a game drive or escorted walk followed by a sundowner and night drive with spotlight. Return to Porini Lion Camp for dinner and overnight.
Full day in the Maasai Mara National Reserve with picnic lunch. Overnight Porini Lion Camp.
Day 5 Final early morning game drive in the conservancy followed by breakfast and then depart on the 11.00am flight to Wilson arriving back to Nairobi at 1215.
Planning your safari holiday with Adams & Butler ensures a truly personal and intimate experience - a totally hassle free process from beginning to end.
If you would like to speak with us about your own unique requirements please do not hesitate to contact us.